Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photography isn't photography anymore. It has now become more about how good you are at programs like photoshop, than how good you are at taking a photo.
Everything is superimposed these days. The modelling industry is a fantastic example of faking it through photography, and I do green screening where I place people in places they were never actually in!
When you first saw the butterfly on this babies foot, did you think it was real or placed there by a program?
Almost 100% of clients have thought this photo to be 'fake', to be manipulated using a program. The truth of the matter is though, this photo is 100% real!
I used special synthetic butterflies, manipulated the wings, and placed it on a very patient baby. I've searched and searched, I haven't found any other photos like the ones I do. I have called it "Butterfly Baby", but offer it to adults too.

January seems to be the month for animals in photos! I'm adding to my portfolio with a snake sitting this coming Friday, something new and exciting! Many thanks will be going to my volunteer model and of course, the volunteer snake!

On the weather front here, it cleared up for a little, things started to dry up a little... and then it started all over earlier this afternoon! So now I must continue to wait for things to dry out before I can attempt any portraiture outside.
Anyone who knows the Pilbara, will know red dirt is unforgiving at the best of times. Get it wet, and you're asking for trouble!

I saw some photos of baby Macaws today, the brothers and sisters of my macaw to be. Just beautiful. I can't wait to meet Pluto, October could not come fast enough!
My decision to adopt a Macaw has been a long thought out one. I had a cockatiel for 12 years, and he was my companion. He went through high school, university and all manner of adventures with me. Sadly, he was lost 2 years ago.
A macaw is a companion bird. They need to be with you all the time, and they are with you for life. Macaws live for around 60 years, which means I'll be 86 before he's even close to passing on!
It is exciting for me, I'm nervous, anxious and impatient much like a new mother. So come on October, hurry up so I can introduce Pluto to the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment